Tuesday 21 October 2014

Dominic… The model as pride of Africa

Dominic… The model as pride of Africa

Chidi-DominicANAMBRA State-born entrepreneur-cum model, Chidi Dominic, has emerged winner of the first edition of Model Pride of Africa, which held alongside the Lagos Fashion Week. Dominic beat 25 other contestants to the coveted prize.
   According to him, the Model Pride of Africa, which is an online pageant that celebrates the talent and intellectual abilities of young Africans, aims at reaching out to the African Diaspora community, while providing a positive space to celebrate the rich fashion heritage.
   He joined the modeling industry in 2007 in Accra, Ghana and has since then not turned his back. “Modeling has been part of me the whole time. I have passion and love for nice clothes and taking pictures with them and the best way to showcase that part of me is by being on the runway,” he said.
  On what stood him out, during the competition, Chidi said, “I am very confident and passionate about what I do. My unique selling point is my physique and looks — the way I walk and my disposition at marketing the brand stood me out. I didn’t feel intimidated by anyone; it was a challenge and everybody wanted to win; that made me to put in more effort and I am grateful I emerged tops.”
  Having modeled on the runways of the Oil City Fashion Show, Glitz Fashion Show 2013 and the British Evening Runway Ghana, Chidi noted that though there are challenges, it has been fun all the way and he enjoys what he does.
   “There are so many models and everyone is struggling to be on the top. Although there are a whole lot of modeling contests, most designers prefer to use only recognised models, and so, there is the issue of grooming models. If we can be given more opportunities to feature, up comers would someday become famous,” he added.        
  Chidi hopes to be a famous model, TV presenter and a fashion icon. His mother who is nicknamed ‘Fashion’, because of her strong sense of style and taste for perfection, is his role model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment